Sunday, May 8, 2011

SRA Imagine It and looooving Mrs. Tabb right now...

Geeez. I get so many ideas from you all out there and feel like I have nothing to share. My district is REALLY strict about what we teach and how we teach it, so all of the things I create are directly related to our Language Arts adoption (SRA's Imagine It! -- verrrrry similar to Open Court). Is anyone else out there using either of these? Leave me a comment if you are so I can start sharing some stuff. I have things for Kinder and 2nd grade. 

On another note... my new favorite blog to stalk... Just another Day in First Grade. She has some amazing freebies and the most recent one is incredible. It's totally TpT worthy, but Mrs. Tabb is such a sweetheart and offered it for free. If you have an ocean unit, this is for you. Or if you just like cute stuff and dream of having the freedom to use something like this in your class ::cough, cough:: save it and pray for the day. Click the sample picture of her packet below and leave her a comment letting her know how great she is. 


Have a great week everyone! In California, we are having a Week of Action, rallying and protesting all of the cuts to education. I have been lucky to dodge the cuts the past 4 years, but as of now, I have a pink slip and it doesn't look like I will be hired back. Wish us luck in our battle! I can't imagine what I will do if I can't teach next year. 

14 comments:

  1. you are so sweet!!! thanks so much girl!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now. I'm so sorry you got a pink slip, that's awful! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have to use SRA Imagine it...I would love to see some different types of resources to add to the program!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started reading your blog! I teach 2nd and we use Open Court so I'd love to see any ideas you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! So many good ideas...I am pinning like crazy on my pinterest boards. Do you teach for LAUSD? I do and just moved up to 2nd grade...scared since I had taught 1st for 10 years. I will be using your blog as inspiration for the upcoming school year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh good! Some more Open Court/Imagine It teachers are out there in Blogland. I will try and get some stuff together that you may be interested in and post about it.

    I don't teach for LAUSD. I am actually in Hawthorne. Not too far. You will love 2nd grade. It is a lot different than 1st, I think, but they are still little sponges and a lot of fun! Plus you will be able to use a lot of your old materials which is always helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am using Imagine It for 2nd grade for the first time this school year. I would appreciate anything you can help with!!

    Please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have just started using ImagineIt at my school and we are feeling very boxed in and frustrated. Where is the creativity and fun. Kids seem to be uninterested in many of the poems and stories. There are so many more kid friendly poems and stories out there. Help!! Is there any way to make this more interesting and to find time to do the fun things???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and would love some help with Kinder Imagine It. Our school adopted the phonics kits this year. Thanks for anything you can share.

    the Wonderful World of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love any resources you have for 2nd grade Imagine It! I'm struggling. It's so long and constraining. I feel the kids never get to do anything fun/creative. I even barely have time for small groups.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been searching the internet during Christmas break and came across your blog. I teach 2nd grade and my school system adopted the Imagine It! phonics program. I feel like it's been thrown at us, with very little training. I would LOVE to see any ideas for 2nd that you would be willing to share. I could use all the help I can get!
    rejeannie5544@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog. :) I teach 2 nd grade and our school is using Imagine it. I'm always interested to see how other teachers are creating their lessons. Anything you have to share would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came across your blog searching for Imagine It Resources. We are going from Open Court (which I feel is dreadful) to Imagine It. Will it get any better? I know you wrote this blog a while ago, but I hope you are s till willing to share any 2nd grade Imagine It resources you may have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This engaging article is a needed corrective, I always try to find some interesting posts to see about creating their lessons.
    University Assignments Help Service

    ReplyDelete