I haven't posted in fooooorrrreeevvvveeeerrrr. Things have been crazy and super stressful. I got a lay off notice and am just waiting and hoping that California can get it's act together and I can get my job back. On a happy note... blogging always cheers me up and Deanna's favorite things post made me think about some of the things I love and couldn't teach without. Linky Parties also make me happy. Feel free to link your favorites at the bottom of this.
1. My Scotch laminator : It cost me $18.99 for the machine and 50 laminating pouches at Sam's Club.
2. Sharpie fine point pens : enough said.
3. iPoint pencil sharpener : Okay everyone. Student teaching and credential classes did not warn me about the thing that would drive me the most crazy. Pencil sharpening. It took me 4 years to figure out a system that works for me and this sharpener has been my savior. It was like $15 and has lasted me years. It sharpens pencils REALLY well. Better than the Xacto ones most teachers have. Costco. Get yourself one.
4. Sterilite storage drawers : I use these on my desk. See my classroom tour photos for more explanation. I just like how clean they make things look.
5. Swingline 3 hole punch : This was one of my "bigger" purchases. Well worth the money.
6. A ladder : I know this is soooo random to some people, but I got so tired of hunting down ladders that I bought one my second year. Best idea ever. Costco and not expensive.
7. Fabric: Now if only I can stay in one classroom long enough to experience the amazingness of not having to change your bulletins.
8. Starbuck's Venti Black Iced Tea with 2 Splendas : So the closest Sonic to me is like 40 miles away and I don't drink soda anymore so this is my addiction.
9. Staple remover: I know what you are thinking. "Brittney, what teacher doesn't have a staple remover?" But this is a wall one! When I found this little treasure, I decided to set her up with my ladder and send them on a date to my classroom walls. Too many teachers before me had left their staple stragglers all over the walls and these two made such a great team and got rid of them all super fast.
10. Lakeshore Learning All Purpose Teacher's Organizer : This has to be their top seller. I was lucky enough to find mine in their warehouse. This is a great gift for new teachers.
So what do you all love? With summer here, I know we all have some shopping to do! Link up here and let me know what you could not teach without.